Saturday, July 12, 2008

"Runnin' around spendin' money, havin' fun cuz even then, I'm Still Number One!"

Life and love can be crazy at times; and like Andy Warhol said "I'm afraid that if you look at a thing long enough, it loses all of its meaning." Weather it's our love for fashion or music or girls or whatever one's passion might be, I've realized that some of the passion can be lost after a long period time and that one can tend to forget why he or she fell in love in the first place. Love should be about fun and happiness and sometimes when taken too serious it almost becomes a synonym for work. Love should be fun and carefree to what others think. Thus brings us to our latest post...

Two days ago we were at the studio brainstorming a new song with Anonymous Cloud and ended up discovering a Louis Armstrong sample entitled Stormy Weather. From this we turned his tragedy into triumph and had fun with the track. In this song we all play different members of our own "Rat Pack" and we all are situated at a concert hall in the mid 50's - mid 60's. We included dope punchlines, sick verses and plenty of jokes. This was one of the most fun I had in the studio in the longest time, and it made me remember why I fell in love with Hip-Hop. I don't care if this song doesn't get alot of plays or isn't favored by listeners. This is the song that made me remember why I fell in love with recording music.

CLICK HERE TO LISTEN TO: Got Jokes? by E.dot Fresco x Problem Child x Anonymous Cloud
HAVE FUN & SPREAD LOVE!
BREAK NECKS NOT HEARTS
-The Status Kids

No comments: