Saturday, July 26, 2008

The Leak #3

It's Saturday so I am leaking another song on Myspace. This weeks song was a Maroon 5 song called Nothing Last Forever that was sampled by Kanye West for his song Heard Em Say. I cut up a speech Kanye did about the song on The Life and Rhymes of Kanye West and blended it into the song for a brand new mix. After cutting up the track, I hit up local artist Cyfe to write a dope ass verse to it. As oppose to last weeks Forever, I thought it would be good to show an opposing view of the term. As I too question myself and remain constantly confused on weither or not I believe something can last Forever. I'm going through it now. We'll see as time goes on.

LISTEN HERE- Nothing Last Forever by E.dot Fresco feat. Cyfe, Maroon 5 & Kanye West

Kanye West Version:


LYRICS:
Dear Miss, I know we said forever we’d last
But time got too excited and forever came fast
But it’s the moments that last looking back at the past
Forecast was bad but we knew the weather would pass
But I made it rain to drown the speakers and streets in the song
I truly felt there Ain’t No Sunshine when you was long gone
Come home, and just swim back to me
I stuck my pole in the water to see all the fishes in the sea
But see, got em all wet and I just happen to be bit
Found a couple keepers underneath the Tappan Zee Bridge
So when they ask, like hey whatever happen to him
He moved on, off the pier and is enjoying the swim
I got a golddigger fish that lets me rock her boat
She lets me use two fingers like I mocked a quote
She has cousin under the bridge I call her my catfish
And I’m hooked on a fish that claims she can’t swim

No comments: