Saturday, August 16, 2008

The Leak #6

Week 6.. damn that's crazy. Anyways this week's leak features local artist BR Ja-To. He hit me up a couple days ago wanting to do a collab. & I'm always down for new artist to work with. The song is called Stand-Up Guy and is a song that I normall wouldn't do and something highly unexpected of me. But this is Hip-Hop, Hip-Hop is about diversity and versatility. The key to success is balance. Sometimes all I wanna hear is just some dope lyrics and other times all I wanna do is grind on a chick. It can't be all club music and it can't be all lyrics. The problem with most fun/dance/club songs is that, THE RADIO ONLY PLAYS THAT AND IT STARTS TO SOUND LIKE BULLSHIT BECAUSE ARTIST GET LESS CREATIVE WITH IT. But fuck that, I did one.. You can analyze my lyrics and everything. I go in with my verse and it is hella creative. And my homie BR Ja-To brings back a flow that reminds me of a 90s type flow that's so on point.

LISTEN HERE: Stand Up Guy - E.dot Fresco feat. BR Ja-To

Oh and special shout outs to anyone whos been supportive of The Leak and who takes time and reads the blog.I feel like these past weeks I've been losing my mind. I don't know if thats a good thing or not but I'm consistantly tryna work and push out material. My homie Cyfe tells me I should sleep but I'm just in the mood to work. I've been by myself recently and been hiding in the dark tryna push out these songs every weekend and contacting the best to do my music videos. But i'm finding myself again. My girl's coming home soon, after being away from her for 3 weeks. I just got a fresh cut and some dope new gear. Me and Thirteen working on a classic and I got the dopest video schedled in a couple weeks.
So until next week.. RSK Up, L&R Up, Peace
from that Rapper slash Backpacker with that Swagger
-E.dot

SIDEBAR:
Peep an old BR Ja-To Youtube video.. He's FAMOUS!!


Food For Heart:


And if anyone knows me, you know i'm the sensitive one in The Status Kids.. Jay might be mad for this one but i don't care! LOL =] ♥

No comments: